The Future of Jeep laid out in a 5-year plan
This is what the next half-decade will look like for Jeep:
- From 5 nameplates built in one country to 6 nameplates built in six countries
- Addition of 1,300 dealers
- Double Jeep sales by 2018
- New vehicles: Renegade for small crossover, redux of Grand Wagoneer
- New Wrangler in second quarter of 2017, new Grand Cherokee in fourth quarter of 2015
These are huge, ambitious goals. No pressure though.
Weâ??ve already seen the Renegade, scheduled for the third quarter of this year, but there is another new vehicle set for the second half of 2018â??a three-row vehicle that, according to Michael Manley, is the â?most premium Jeep we will have ever made. Remember the Grand Wagoneer? Plans about reviving the old SUV date back to 2011, but now those rumors are confirmed. Even from the scarce details that we have, the rehash sounds promising.
As for the Jeep brand staplesâ??the Wrangler and Grand Cherokee, ??they will be getting plenty of attention too. A completely new Wrangler for 2017 and a Grand Cherokee refresh for 2015 before the next generation debuts in 2017.
Jeep fans, you’??ve got plenty to look forward to. And from the looks of this 5-year plan, Jeep, youâ?’ve got plenty of work to look forward to.